The Plated by Pinky Brothers: When East Meets West!


Title: The Plated by Pinky Brothers: When East Meets West!
By: Izan Fareha binti Hamzah

A few years ago, I used to be so excited to try out famous restaurants that went viral because of their food. However, I’d always ended up being disappointed because usually:

1)      The waiting list is too long.
2)      The food was not as good as I’ve expected

So right after that, I’ve told myself to just try out random restaurants whenever I go out because who knows, I might get lucky and discover a nice dine-in restaurant!

So this happened a few weeks ago when I went out with my family at IOI City Mall on weekend. It was almost 3pm and everyone was already tired from walking so much, so we have decided to eat something before we headed back home. However, almost all restaurants at the Ground Floor (GF) was full, so we’ve decided to search for other restaurant that was not packed. My family can get quite picky when it comes to food. My mom likes healthy food, my brother loves meat, and I like to try something exclusive (food that I cannot get from other restaurants). So, whenever we go out, we need to find a place that can accommodate these differences.

So taking every aspects into consideration, we ended up at this restaurant that is quite hidden at the 2nd floor of IOI City Mall.

Name: The Plated by Pinky Brothers
Address:L2-20&21, Second Floor, IOI City Mall, Putrajaya.
Tel: +603-8959 2450


 
The romantic and peaceful vibes ignited from the restaurant made it different from the others. The sound of jazz music with the dimmed lights will make anyone who stepped into the restaurant feel like they just entered another dimension. It’s like you are separating yourself from the hustle and bustle of life.

Once we were seated, the staff gave us the menus for us to browse through.

I am pretty much satisfied with the menu; from local fusion to western, they can pretty much accommodate everyone’s preferences when it comes to food. Here are the menus (cr: Pinky Brother’s Facebook page):











As you can see, this restaurant offers a full-course meal. From appetizer/ snacks to soup and salads, and main dish. If you want to have a short meet-up with your friends at a place with a cozy and relaxing atmosphere, where you can chit chat while eating light bites - then this place is perfect! I have experienced a few episodes of going to restaurants to meet with my friends to just hang out and talk with each other, but because the restaurant did not offer something light and simple, I have to end up with a heavy meal. Instead of spending our time talking with each other, we actually spent more time focusing on our food. So, it’s great that this restaurant have variety of options. Plus, they also have rice-based dishes in their menu, so if you are the kind of person who needs to have rice every day, then this place gets a brownie point!


The plating of the desserts are just beautiful. They look so exclusive and expensive that you might think as if you are eating at 5-star hotel but actually you are not!


The choices of beverages are great too. From the normal cold pressed juices to mocktails, and latte art coffees - people might have to spend almost 5 minutes deciding on what to drink.


Here are some of photos I took during my visit to the restaurant.

In photo: Nachos (RM12.90), French Fries (RM8.90), Classic Caesar Salad (RM12.90), Stuffed Chicken with Cheese and Spinach (RM22.90), Pineapple Lemonade (RM8.50), and Green Apple Mojito (RM9.90).

Pan Seared Salmon (RM27.90)


 Grilled Chicken Chop (RM19.90)

Grilled Honey Lamb Shoulder (RM32.90)
Here is me enjoying my food.

Overall, I would rate this restaurant 4 out of 5. The staff were friendly and their service was efficient. The food was quite good to me. They accommodate all types of food, for meat-lover, vegetarian, Asians, and etc. Customers were given a wide range of choices. Prices feel fair considering the exclusivity of the place and their dishes. Plus, they also has their own professional barista. The atmosphere of the place was tranquilizing and people can enjoy their food while talking with each other. One bonus point is that this place has its own special corner that is great for birthday celebration, family lunch, or farewell dinner.

If there is one thing that I can comment on, it would be that this place is not baby-friendly enough. Yes, they do provide high chair for babies, however there is no food that is suitable for babies/kids. Apart from that, they do not have toilet inside the restaurant. Or even sink to wash our hands! I have to go to the nearest bathroom to wash my hands, which for me was quite troublesome. But apart from that, everything was satisfying enough and I believe that there is always a room for improvement!

Comments