A Hint of Sarawak in Putrajaya! - Best Mee Kolok in town!

If Kuching natives cannot go back to their hometown for craving this delicious dish, they can just drive to the peaceful city of Putrajaya and dig in a bowl of prosperous mee kolok in Dayang Sarawak Corner Cafe.

My group of friends and I were scavaging for a delicious eatery on a late afternoon, but all the food stalls have run out of food as lunch hour was over. We were famished. After a good search of the closest restaurants, we decided to go to Dayang Sarawak Corner Cafe at Presint 15, Putrajaya.



The first element that caught my eye was the unique logo of a cat which symbolises the origins of the dishes served here, Kuching. The words "Authentic Sarawakian cuisine" arouses my curiosity as this would be the first time for me to taste a true Sarawak cookery. 

We took a step into the cafe with a sigh of relief, with the refreshing air from air- conditioners and multiple fans, that comforts us from the scorching weather. The ambience in the cafe was also cool and decorated with futuristic and elegant design.








Didn't know what to expect, I ordered the crispy mee kolok with the Sarawakian drink, grenadine lemon syrup. Apparently, mee kolok is similar to wanton mee, only better! Instead of served with dark soy sauce and wanton, the noodles are lightly drizzled with fish sauce and served with shallots, chicken slice, and some sodium gluconate. That is a description of a normal Mee Kolok. Mine is with a twist as it is crispy. 


            


I would describe mine as similar to mee kungfu, yet again, much better! The combination of the hot, sweet and savory sauce with the crispy mee kolok is just perfect. The various condiments inside add up the perfection with fresh prawns, fishcakes, chicken slice, and chopped mustard greens. To complete the cuisine, the dish is garnished with sprinkles of crispy fried onions and chopped parsley. My mouth salivates again just thinking about the taste of this delicious dish!

After digging in the mouth-watering food, I took a sip of the iced Sarawakian grenadine lemon syrup that surely quenched my thirst in the hot weather. The syrup tasted like ice cream soda with lemon, which is nice, but what actually touched me is the use of the eco-friendly bamboo straw! They have your back, turtles!

        


All in all, I am very satisfied with the food served here. I tasted some other dishes that my friends ordered such as Laksa Sarawak and Mee Kolok, but Crispy Mee Kolok is definitely at my top list. The service was also attentive and fast. We arrived at 3.19 pm and received our food at 3.30 pm. The price is affordable and the place is easy to find. The location of this eatery is now permanently integrated into my internal food GPS. I'm already craving to have some again! 

Now, Malaysians can have a taste of Sarawak food and the Sarawikians won't have to worry about going back home all the time anymore. The cuisines here would make any Sarawakian's tummy feel right at home.



        


My tummy is happy!

To find out more about this cafe, visit their Instagram and Facebook.


Reviewed by: Nurrisa Hasmin Binti Mohd Hisham (191046)

Comments